Recent Additions to the Website’s Interface
Happy new year everyone!
First thing first, the next anime review will be up tomorrow. I had a very busy week, what with all the holidays and all. Plus I’m reviewing a 24 episodes series this time.
This post, however, concerns with the more technical side of this website. a month has passed since Anime Reviews’ inception and I’ve implemented some simple additions to the website. Here’s a list of all the current features available:
- Added a Favicon.
- Added a tag cloud.
- Tinkered with the search button and general website layout.
- Completed the Frequently Asked Questions section.
- Changed the font for the anime reviews. From now on all reviews will be written in Times New Roman, because it looks better than the default Arial font WordPress uses but isn’t too showy. All prior reviews will be retroactively changed to Times New Roman in a couple of weeks’ time.
- Added a Facebook page for Anime Reviews. You can access it using the link here, the sticky link on the right side of the website, or search for it on Facebook. Anime Reviews’ facebook page will be updated everytime a new review is up but usually won’t concern itself with the daily blog posts.
- Added CAPTCHA for comments and made the e-mail field optional. You can now choose not to enter your e-mail address when posting. However, filling up the e-mail field is still needed for displaying gravatars, so if you want your gravatar to appear in your comment you’ll still need to enter your e-mail address.
Things I intend to add in the near future:
- RSS feed (will be added in a couple of weeks).
- A better comment posting interface which will allow users to edit their comments after posting them (will be added next week).
- A slider for promoting the website’s content (will be added in a month or two. I’m still working on the code itself, and the website could use more content before a slider becomes a useful addition).